LiFOS Lithium Iron Phosphate 68ah Leisure Battery.
Lithium batteries have many advantages over lead acid batteries, not only their reduced weight and size, but as importantly is the way that they deliver their power as they discharge.
The 68ah LiFOS battery is an advanced Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) battery that has been designed to save space and weight in mobile applications. LiFePO4 is a less volatile compound than Lithium-ion, making it ideal for leisure applications.
The 68Ah LiFOS can be cycled down to 90% State of Charge, meaning that this battery offers similar capacity to a 120Ah Lead/Gel/AGM battery. At just 7.8Kg, it is around 75% lighter than conventional technologies.
LiFOS has a 5-year warranty and its integral Battery Management System (BMS) guarantees its Depth of Discharge (DOD) does not exceed 90%, thus ensuring that LiFOS gives no less than 2750 charge and discharge cycles.
Further, if LiFOS is only partially discharged to 50% of its capacity, for example, the number of times it can be charged and discharged jumps to 5000 (+13yrs).
Depth of Discharge (DOD)
All batteries have a DOD. It’s typical to expect a battery using lead acid and gel compounds to give a 50% DOD. This means if, for example, such a battery is rated at 100Ah, it will only provide usable power of 50Ah. LiFOS has a 90% DOD, providing 61.2Ah of usable power, which means that to replicate the available power provided by LiFOS, a +120Ah lead acid or gel battery would be needed.
LiFOS is fitted with removable terminal posts, compatible with caravan quick release connectors, so that it can fit in the smallest space possible. The posts can be removed and ring terminals connected directly onto the terminal plates.
LiFOS 68ah is a featherweight at just 7.8kgs. When compared to a good quality 120Ah lead acid battery at circa 34kgs, LiFOS gives an impressive 77% weight saving – and in motor campers, caravans and boats, saving 27+ kilograms can be crucial.
At 257 x 175 x 190mm, LiFOS 68ah is 40% smaller than a 120Ah lead acid battery, freeing up space to increase the power bank if required.
LiFOS 68ah does not emit noxious gases, therefore does not need to be housed in a specially vented chamber.
LiFOS 68ah has a huge operating temperature range of -20 to +60 °C and it can be used in any orientation (e.g. on its side), although on its base will give the best performance.
Like all batteries it should not be allowed to discharge fully over a long period and if it will be left without any power input for a 6-month period the LiFOS must be charged. It can be put into an idle mode when not being used for a length of time and a warning will be sent via the App as a reminder.
Features in brief
- Charges up to 20% faster than other batteries thanks to its in-built battery management system, BMS system - no complex rewiring required
- BMS guarantees its Depth of Discharge (DOD) does not exceed 90%, thus ensuring that LiFOS gives no less than 2750 charge and discharge cycles.
- Can be cycled down to 90% State of Charge
- LiFOS 68ah is 40% smaller than a 120Ah lead acid battery
- Does not gas, so does not need to be positioned in a specially sealed chamber
- Can be charged by most mains DC to DC chargers, alternator or solar panel.
- Fitted with removable battery posts in the event low clearance is needed or ring terminal attachment rather than terminal clamps is preferred
- Can be connected in parallel and series (four either way)
- Bluetooth app provides real time battery data via any Apple or Android smart device.