The Autoterm Planar Diesel Air Heaters are manufactured by the Russian Manufacturer ADVERS and in Europe they are distributed through Autoterm. All of our products then come through their UK distributor, Planar Heaters UK. These should not be confused with some of the Chinese imports you may see that are using the generic Planar name.
VW Crafter - 4KW Autoterm Planar 4D Diesel Air Heater Kit
This VW Crafter 4KW kit comes complete with the upgraded 7 Day timer and either a stainless steel mounting box to mount the heater externally under the vehicle, or an internal mounting plate.
This 4KW heater ideal for a LWB van, but if you have a MWB van and are planning to go to colder climates, or extended winter camping you might also choose this larger 4KW heater.
The kit includes a 1.5m length of 90mm heater ducting together with two basic inlet/outlet vents. If you choose the additional 1m length of duct you will receive a 2.5m continuous length, together with your choice of 'Y' or 'Tee' junction, to let you have two outlets.
See here for additional 90mm directional vents.
Included in the VW Crafter kit
- Upgraded 7 Day Timer
- Fuel pump with mounting bracket
- Internal Mounting Plate, or external stainless mounting box
- 1 meter of exhaust with silencer
- 1.5m of 90mm Hot air ducting and vents, or optional 2.5m + Tee or Y junction
- 1 fuel dip fuel tube and fuel line
- 1 power cable with integral fuse box
- 1 control panel cable
- 1 fuel pump power cable
- A silencer air intake
- 1 exhaust heat lagging
- A selection of nuts and bolts.
The kit comes as standard with the upgraded PU-27 7 day timer control panel. Additionally you can add a plugin modem for £119 that will allow you to control your heater from an app on your Apple or Android phone, which can be found here
The 4KW PLANAR 4D is the second most compact heater model in the production line, next to the 2D, it is intended for use in Campervans, motorhomes, crew cabins and work spaces, commercial vans and trucks, as well as boats that are up to 42 feet long.
The capacity of the PLANAR 4D air heater is between 1 kW and 4 kW, and it is capable of heating up 120 m3 of air hourly. It maintains excellent economy and uses between 0.12 litres and 0.514 litres of diesel per hour. They are available in either 12 or 24v versions.
Planar diesel heaters have fast become synonymous with great quality and fantastic customer services, all at a fraction of the cost of their competitors.
Main Advantages of Autoterm Heaters
- They are capable of operating at very low temperatures.
- They use inductive (brushless) electric motors designed for uninterrupted operation for 12,000 hours.
- Low fuel consumption.
- Best quality diesel heater at a fraction of the price of other Air Diesel Heaters.
- The heaters have proved their excellent quality, working in aggressive environments, such as, marine environments.
- These heaters come with a 2 year guarantee and UK technical support if needed.
- After sales technical help and telephone support 7 days a week
|Air heater PLANAR-4D-12-GP-P-3940||Modes|
|Heat power, kW||4,0||1.0|
|Fuel consumption, l/h||0,51||0,12|
|Rated power consumption, W||62||10|
|Heated air volume, m3/h||120||70|
|Fuel||diesel fuel as per GOST 305|
|Rated voltage, V||12|
|Control mode||Manual, or 7 day electronic timer|
|Heater dimensions||402 x 157 x 188 mm|